26th September 2022 Market Update
FPG Fortune Prime Global Overnight headlines
The US 10-year note’s yield decreased 3 basis points to 3.68 percent. 2.20 percent was achieved for the two-year.
In contrast, as a result of investors’ response to the new government’s financial intentions, the 10-year UK gilt note increased 33 basis points to 3.82 percent.
All 11 of the S&P 500’s industry sectors experienced down on Wall Street as losses were extended across the board by each of the three major benchmarks, with the Dow finishing at a new 2022 low.
- AUD -1.8% to US cents 65.28
- The Dow fell 1.6% on Wall Street. S&P 500 -1.7% Nasdaq fell 1.8%
- Stoxx 50 fell 2.3%, FTSE fell 2%, and CAC fell 2.3% in Europe. DAX -2%
- Spot gold in New York fell 1.6% to $US1643.94/oz
- Brent crude dropped by 4.1% to $US86.74 per barrel
- Iron ore increased 0.8% to $US99.60 per tonne
- US 3.68% for the 10-year yield. Germany 2.02% Australia 3.9%
No local data
Overseas data: It’s anticipated that the OECD would revise its global predictions; German IFO business climate survey, September Japan services and manufacturing PMIs, August US Chicago Fed national activity index, September Dallas Fed manufacturing index