20th September 2022 Market Update
FPG Fortune Prime Global Overnight headlines
The yield on the US 10-year note increased by 4 basis points to 3.49 percent; it had earlier briefly reached 3.50 percent.
All three of the significant benchmarks on Wall Street closed close to their session highs. Nine out of the 11 S&P 500 industrial sectors had gains led by materials.
- AUD +0.1% to US cents 67.25
- Bitcoin fell by 0.8% to US$19,542
- Dow +0.6% S&P 500 +0.7% on Wall Street +0.8% Nasdaq
- Stoxx Europe 50 -0.03% CAC -0.3% DAX +0.5%
- Spot gold fell by 0.3% to $1,705.2/oz.
- Brent crude rose by 0.5% to $91.77 a barrel.
- US 3.49% Australia 3.67% Germany 1.80% 10-year yield
Local: Minutes of the most recent meeting of Reserve Bank
Overseas data: August CPI for Japan; August housing starts and building permits for the US