9th December 2022 Market Updates
FPG Fortune Prime Global Overnight headlines
The yield on the 10-year US Treasury note increased 7 basis points to 3.48 percent, making up the majority of the loss from the previous session.
Information technology led nine of the 11 S&P 500 industry sectors higher on Wall Street. Energy and communication services were behind.
- AUD +0.7% to 67.72 US cents
- Bitcoin is now worth $US17,186, up 2.2%.
- Dow +0.6% on Wall Street S&P +0.8% Nasdaq increased by 1.1%.
- Stoxx 50 +0.2% FTSE -0.2% CAC -0.2% DAX +0.02%
- Spot gold increased by 0.1% to $1789.43 per ounce;
- Brent crude decreased by 0.5% to $76.80 per barrel;
- Iron ore increased by 3% to $110.70 per tonne;
- The 10-year yield was US 3.48%. Australia is 3.36%, Germany is 1.81%
Local: November credit card usage in NZ
Overseas data: China November CPI and PPI; US November PPI final; preliminary December consumer sentiment from the University of Michigan