19th December 2022 Market Updates
FPG Fortune Prime Global Market Headlines
In New York, the yield on the US 10-year note increased by 4 basis points to 3.48 percent.
The three major Wall Street benchmarks all ended Friday’s trading session approximately 1% lower as three US policymakers predicted no change in interest rates anytime soon.
The Dow dropped 1.7%, the S&P dropped 2.1%, and the Nasdaq dropped 2.7% for the week.
- Down 0.3% to 66.85 cents US
- The Dow fell 0.9% on Wall Street. S&P -1.1% -1% Nasdaq
- Stoxx 50 in Europe fell by 0.8% DAX -0.7%, CAC -1.1%, and FTSE -1.3%
- Spot gold in New York is up 0.9% to $1793.08 USD/oz.
- Brent crude dropped by 2.5% to $US79.20 per barrel.
- Iron ore fell by 0.4% to $112.70 US per tonne.
- US 3.48% Australia 3.45% Germany 2.14% 10-year yield
Local: NZ consumer confidence Westpac-MM fourth quarter
Overseas data: German IFO business climate survey from December; US NAHB housing market index from December